Your health is our priority at Smiles by Design!
Smiles by Design is closely monitoring the coronavirus situation to ensure the well-being of our patients and do our part to halt the spread of the disease.
We are currently offering a Smiles by Design COVID-19 Relief Program, with DEEP DISCOUNTS on our procedures to help keep our patients as healthy as possible during this time.
Accumulating evidence suggests that oral infections may increase a patient’s risk of developing or intensifying respiratory disease. Since COVID-19 causes respiratory illness with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing, it is important to keep your mouth and respiratory tract healthy.
Smiles by Design has implemented greatly enhanced safety protocols to ensure the safety of our guests and team. Please read below to see what we are doing to help keep our patient’s safe.
Following Best Practices:
- Closely monitoring updates from the CDC, AMA, ADA, and Washington State and local health officials’
- Following CDC guidelines regarding prevention best practices
Additional Steps We Are Taking:
- We are pre-screening our patients through VIDEO CONSULTS to limit contact.
- We are further able to limit contact and proximity more than many other facilities because so much of our process is performed digitally.
- All staff members are now wearing surgical masks at all times, even when not treating our patients.
- We have added new high-tech medical grade air filtration systems.
- All common areas such as: the reception area, patient entrances, restrooms, offices, etc., as well as, door handles, door knobs, chair handles, and all counter surfaces etc., are meticulously cleaned and sanitized on enhanced schedules with medical grade products.
In order to do our part in stopping the spread of COVID-19 and helping make sure there is more health care personal protective equipment available for all urgent health care workers, we have stopped all non-urgent dental procedures and donated some of our protective equipment. We are able to perform a VERY limited number of procedures on an emergency basis for patients whose condition could worsen if their procedure was delayed or canceled – in particular, care related to the relief of pain and management of infection.
Until further notice, we are restricting patient care. To be seen by our team, you must have one or more of these conditions:
- Severe toothache pain
- Swelling of your gums, face, or neck
- Bleeding in your mouth
- Infection or a substantial risk of it
- Trauma (such as a broken tooth)
What You Can Do
Smiles by Design appreciates your help in keeping other patients and staff safe.
Follow CDC and other clinical guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Use Listerine to wash your mouth for 30 seconds to kill all viruses and germs
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue away
- Review prevention best practices on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov